Women in Engineering Residential Programme
21-24 January 2019
Introducing UC’s first ever Women in Engineering Residential Programme!
If you are…
- A female student* completing Year 12 in 2018 at a New Zealand high school
- Currently studying maths and science (physics preferred)
- Excited to explore the broad nature of engineering – relating to chemical and process engineering, civil and natural resources engineering, computer science and software engineering, electrical and computer engineering, and mechanical engineering
- Interested in pursuing a career in engineering
- Wanting to experience life as a UC student
- Looking for a fun challenge to take on during the summer holidays
…this FREE, hands-on programme is for you!
Featuring interactive sessions to uncover what engineers ‘do’, a range of guest speakers (including lecturers, current students and industry experts), plus plenty of social activities for you to connect with like-minded students from around the country.**
Date: 21-24 January 2019. You will arrive the afternoon/evening of Sunday 20 January to settle in and meet your fellow students, and depart Thursday 24 January after 12.00pm. A full timetable will be available soon.
Location: UC College of Engineering, Christchurch.
Accommodation: UC Halls of Residence.
Eligibility: Open to female students* completing Year 12 in 2018 at a New Zealand high school.
Cost: FREE! UC will cover all programme, accommodation and food costs. A $100 travel voucher will also be provided as reimbursement to anyone travelling from outside Canterbury.
Applications now open!
Your application must include a statement on why you should attend and a reference from a teacher at your school. All applicants are also required to email all current NCEA results (Level 1 and Level 2) to email@example.com as part of the application. Any applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
Spaces limited to 60 students
Applications open: 4.00pm, Monday 9 July
Applications close: Friday 17 August
Applicants advised of outcome by email: Friday 7 September
For more information, contact Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org.